There are some food items that are a part of our food. Certain elements are found in many food items that can have a bad effect on health. Today we will tell you about some such things, which we should take caution while consuming.
Many potatoes have green marks but we do not pay much attention to them. Similarly, when potatoes are kept for a long time, they sprout. Which we use in food.
Green and sprouted potatoes contain a toxic substance called glycoside. Eating green potato can cause problems like nausea, diarrhea, confusion and headache.
Raw cashews contain a toxic substance called urushiol. Therefore, the same cashew nut should be eaten. The cashew nuts found in packets in the market are boiled first, which removes urushiol from cashew nuts. Eating unripe cashew nuts can cause you allergic problems.
Consumption of nutmeg is appropriate only in small amounts. In a lot of nutmeg, a chemical called myristicin is found. Due to the effect of this chemical, you may have problems with dizziness, lethargy, confusion and seizures. Remember that consuming more than one teaspoon of nutmeg can harm your body.
Mushroom is very beneficial for the body. But it is important to be identified while buying mushroom. Actually there are many types of mushrooms. Eating wild mushrooms can cause stomach ache, diarrhea and vomiting, problems like dehydration, which have a bad effect on your liver.
Almonds are very good for health but not bitter almonds. Bitter almonds contain a lot of chemicals called amygdalin, due to which eating bitter almonds can cause abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
Toxic material is found in raw mango peels and leaves. Therefore, people who have an allergy problem should avoid eating raw mangoes because eating raw mangoes can cause rashes or inflammation.
Kamarkha or star fruit
People make kamarkha pickle and eat it. However, those who have kidney disease should avoid eating star fruit. If the kidneys are spoiled, the toxins found in kamarkha remain inside the body, due to which your body may be damaged.
Its seeds should not be chewed while eating cherry. Prussic acid is found in its seeds which is toxic. Swallowing the cherry seeds whole does not cause any harm as they get out of your body. There is no harm in eating such cherry fruit. By eating cherry, the digestive system remains right. It can also save us from heart diseases.
Like cherries, one should not chew between the apples as well. There is no harm in swallowing them but it should not be chewed. Cyanide is found in small amounts in apple seeds. Because of this, there can be problems ranging from breathing to seizures.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI)